Monday, October 11, 2010

Within My Heart by Tamera Alexander


“Within My Heart” by Tamera Alexander is part of her Timber Ridge Reflections series, but can definitely be enjoyed alone.  This was my first book to read in the series and I enjoyed it and hope to be able to read the other books in the series soon.

This book is set in a small town out west in the wilds of Colorado (back when Wal-mart and cars didn’t exist – I know, forever ago haha).  Rachel Boyd is left a widow with 2 young boys, and a ranch that was her late husbands dream.  She struggles to keep up the ranch and be the mom her boys need. When faced with a loss she simply can’t afford, she’s forced to trust in Dr. Rand Brookston, the one man she has tried to avoid at all costs.  Dr. Brookston tries to prove to Rachel that he is not the arrogant doctor she thinks he is, but realizes that she may be more stubborn that he originally thought.

The characters in this book go through more troubles than I can imagine, although I know people face troubles that are equally as difficult every day.  I loved this book and had a hard time putting it down.  So many things were always at stake for the characters in this book that I just HAD to know what would happen next!  I predicted the ending, but I had no idea how the author would get their, and I was pleasantly surprised by how she did it!

I received “Within My Heart” from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my review.  No other compensation was received.  See my full disclaimer for more information.
blog comments powered by Disqus