Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Christmas Prayer by Amy Parker



I received “A Christmas Prayer” by Amy Parker from Booksneeze in exchange for my review. If you have a blog and are interested in joining Booksneeze, please visit their website HERE.

“A Christmas Prayer” is a short book, written in rhyme. It goes through a simple version of the story of Jesus’ birth, thanking God for each special part of the story. I love that the author points out that Christmas isn’t about toys and dolls, because we are trying to teach that to Sydney already! The first part of the poem says, “So this, my Christmas prayer, is not for toys and dolls- it’s thanking You for Christmas gifts You’ve given to us all.”

I love this book! It is a simple story to share with your toddler about Jesus’ birth and the story of Christmas. I was glad to see that it was a sturdy board book also, because Sydney still hasn’t quite learned to be gentle with paper books. The illustrations, by Marijan Ramljak, were simple and colorful. Sydney likes to help me find the star on the pages.
blog comments powered by Disqus