Saturday, October 9, 2010

Masquerade by Nancy Moser


“Masquerade” by Nancy Moser is a Christian fiction novel set in 1886. Charlotte Gleason, the main character grows up in a wealthy home in England. She soon finds herself and her maid, Dora, on a trip to New York to marry a wealthy heir whom she has never met. On the way, her doubts get the best of her and she decides to swap identities with her maid. They both think this is the chance of a lifetime. Charlotte wants a chance at a real life and real love, and Dora is given the chance to live a fairy tale. Will they be discovered? Will they decide that the grass isn’t greener on the other side?

I very much enjoyed this book! I love stories set in the 1800s and early 1900s. I enjoyed the story line, and thought the ending was a great one. If you enjoy reading fiction, I’m sure you will enjoy this one. At the end of the book, the author offers a “Fact or Fiction” section which tells you which parts and settings are actually true, which I thought was very interesting. She also includes pictures of the outfits they discuss wearing in the book, which is helpful when you are trying to picture the lavish outfits they wore. There are also discussion questions for book clubs.

I received “Masquerade” from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my review. No other compensation was received. See my full disclaimer for more information.
blog comments powered by Disqus