Thursday, October 7, 2010

Madeline's Great Adventure and Madeline: Lost in Paris

Have you heard of Shout! Factory? Even if you haven’t heard of Shout! Factory, I’m sure you’ve heard of some of the DVDs from them. They offer DVDs such as My Little Pony, Jane and the Dragon, Maggie and the Ferocious Beast, and one of my old favorites – Punky Brewster. They were nice enough to send me two Madeline movies to review! They sent “Madeline: Lost in Paris” and “Madeline’s Great Adventure.”



“Madeline: Lost in Paris” is an adventure in which Madeline’s lon-lost Uncle shows up to take her to a new and wonderful home, but soon after leaving the school, Madeline realizes her new home isn’t what she wanted at all! She has to use her courage and her friends to find her way back to the only family she has ever known.

In “Madeline’s Great Adventure,” Madeline and her canine companion Genevieve encounter their very own Arabian lamp, get a visit from a Prince, meet a band of pirates, and even track down thieves! This is a very exciting movie for Madeline and all of her classmates from Miss Clavel’s Parisian school!

I was very excited to receive these because I was pretty sure my 3 year old niece would love them. As soon as I got them, I sent them to her house. She didn’t want to watch them at first because she didn’t think she would like them, but her mom put them in and she realized they were cartoon-like characters. She liked both movies, and I recently snuck them back to my house to see if Sydney would watch them. They actually kept Sydney’s attention for most of the movie, which was surprising to me! She’s used to short, simple story lines, and these are over an hour long. She still seemed to enjoy them!

Check out other movies from Shout! Factory HERE.

I received the two Madeline movies from Shout! Factory in exchange for my review. No other compensation was received. See my full disclaimer for more information.
blog comments powered by Disqus