Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Rockin' Green - An Update


A lot of you read my post about Rockin' Green Cloth Diaper and Laundry Detergent at the beginning of January (see HERE if you missed it).  My review was not very favorable, and Rockin' Green contacted me to see if they could send me a different type of the Rockin' Green to see if it helped.  Of course I agreed.  If a company is willing to help me find a different scent/type that may be better, I am more than glad to let them try to prove me wrong in my initial opinion!  I am not here to be biased, but to try products and tell my readers about them.  I try to be as honest as possible in my reviews (without being rude).  If you ever have a different opinion than me, feel free to let me know in the comments!  I like to read other opinions!

So...How did Rockin' Green do this time?

For the first review, I received the "Rage Against the Rasperries" scent in the Classic Rock formula, but for this review they sent the "Bare Naked Babies" (the unscented formula) in Classic Rock and in Soft Rock.  After my problems last time, I only washed a few diapers the first time with the Classic Rock formula, and I didn't have any of the problems as I did before!  No rashes, no bad smells!  So the next time I washed a normal load of diapers (as soon as I put in the detergent I was a little worried that I should have done another small load)...but again no rashes, no bad smells!  I also used the Soft rock formula twice as well and have still had no problems like before!   It did still clean the diapers really well!

So, I'm guessing my daughters rashes had something to do with the scented formulas.  I have almost always used Free & Clear detergent with her, so I didn't know that she would have issues with fragrances.  I still don't know why the diapers smelled so bad after being soiled on my first few tries with Rockin' Green - I may never know, but I do know that it did not happen after 4 loads of diapers this time! 

I would like to say that Rockin' Green impressed me with their customer service and willingness to help me find a formula that worked for me.  There aren't many companies out there that still try to make the customer happy!  I do recommend buying some sample packs before you buy a huge pack of detergent - you know, just in case you have my troubles and don't know it!
blog comments powered by Disqus