Friday, November 26, 2010

A RUSH OF WINGS - A book review



I received “A Rush of Wings” by Kristen Heitzmann from Bethany House Publishers to review.  

“A Rush of Wings” starts out with Noelle, a young and beautiful girl running away from her family and her fiancée, but we don’t know why.  She keeps running until she comes to a small town in the Rocky Mountains.  She ends up on a horse ranch owned by Rick Spencer, and immediately feels at home. Noelle gets to know Rick and his brother Morgan, who are completely different, but both end up helping her in many ways.  After seeing Noelle have a few panic attacks, the brothers start to ask questions, finding out little by little about Noelle’s past.  After a tragic accident, the brothers worry that Noelle will not recover, or ever return to the Smoky Mountains, but somehow Noelle realizes that the truth she needs is found in God, not man and things start to make sense again.

Ok, to be honest, this book starts out really slow.  I was a little bored in the first chapter and wondered if I’d make it through the book at all, but as I continued to read it got much, much better.  Though I was rooting for the wrong brother the entire book, I still enjoyed it.  I loved the ending, even if I did wish it had turned out a little differently.  This is a very mysterious type romance novel that kept me wondering exactly what had happened and what would happen.  So, if you can make it past the first chapter, it’s a good book to read!
blog comments powered by Disqus