Monday, November 8, 2010

Christmas List 2010 - Toby Mac book


I didn't intend to include this in my Christmas List, but as I read it, I realized that there are a lot of people that would really enjoy reading this book!  This would be a great gift for a close friend, teacher, pastor...well, pretty much anyone! 

So what is this gift?  Toby Mac's new book "City on Our Knees."  It has several short, motivational-type stories seperated into sections so that you get the most out of the book.  There are a lot of these types of books out there right now, I know...I've read several and enjoyed them.  These type books are great for people that don't have a lot of time to just sit and read.  This book was different for me, though.  This book challenged me in so many ways, I can't even begin to tell about it all!  Several stories made me cry for how the world is hurting, some made me cry because I was so proud of how some people took a leap of faith and followed God's instructions for them.  I know I haven't been very good at getting out of my "comfort zone" and this book definitely stepped on my toes for that!  This book also showed me how important prayer is!  Well, not just prayer, but prayer and listening to God.  If you listen, he will show you things you need to see!

I already have a list of people that I want to share this book with because it challenged me so much.  So if you are looking for a simple gift for a hard to buy for person, be sure to check this one out! 

I received this book from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my review.  See full disclosure for more information.
blog comments powered by Disqus