Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Safety that Sticks!

When I first read about the SafetyTat, I thought it was a brilliant idea. I loved the idea of my phone number tattooed (temporarily) on my child “just in case” she ever got lost. However, I was a little hesitant to try them because I remember how itchy the fake tattoos I got out of machines were (yes I realize those only cost a quarter haha) and how quickly they rubbed off. Well, recently I got my chance to try them! SafetyTat sent me samples to try on my daughter! But I want to tell you a little about their products before I tell you how I feel about them.

SafetyTat was invented by a Mom of 3 kids and is a colorful temporary tattoo that doubles as a safety ID. You can have it customized and pre-printed with your mobile phone number and apply it with a damp paper towel. The original SafetyTat lasts 1-5 days, but it is recommended to apply a new one each day. You can also buy the Quick Stick Write-on! SafetyTat and apply it more like a sticker and write in your mobile number (with the included pen). The Quick Stick Write-On! is waterproof and lasts up to 2 weeks! They also have special needs, medical, and allergy SafetyTats. These would be great if you have a child with special needs/allergies that is going to a new school or daycare to make sure their needs are met!

Sydney touching her new tattoo

Yes, I covered our phone numbers :)

So how did I like them? I loved them! I applied the Original SafetyTat to Sydney (my 13 month old) all by myself and it was super easy. She wanted to touch it at first, and I immediately wondered if it bothered her. She soon forgot about it and hasn’t touched it all day! It is still on her arm and looks almost like it did when I applied it! It’s about $20 for a pack of 24 Original SafetyTats, which is well worth the peace of mind if you ask me! I will definitely plan to use these on future vacations!


Discount Code and Giveaway!

kids temporary safety tattoo

SafetyTat has offered my readers 10% off a purchase of $15 or more now through March 22, 2010!
Simply enter the code “SoMommy” (it is case sensitive)!

They are also giving 2 lucky readers a Quick Stick Write-on! sample pack in their choice of girl, boy, or multi-pack.

How to enter:
Mandatory Entry: Tell me what you like about the SafetyTats.

Bonus Entries (Leave separate comments for each)
- Sign up for the SafetyTat e-news
- Become a Facebook fan of SoMommy or follow my blog

***Make sure to leave your email address in your comment. I will contact the winner shortly after the contest is over. If the winner doesn’t respond in 48 hours, another winner will be drawn. The contest will end Saturday, March, 13, 2010 at Noon (CST)***

8 comments:

  1. This would be great for us! We are going to Disney World for 10 days and this would be a great peace of mine for me with my 2 year old, just in case the worst happened! What a wonderful, creative product!

    Amanda Bosque
    abosque08@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am already a fan of yours on Facebook!

    Amanda Bosque
    abosque08@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am already a fan of yours and I love the site! anita.hilliard@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of using these when you go on vacation. I think this is a great idea! anita.hilliard@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a great idea just in case you were separated from your child. It gives you a little piece of mind knowing if your child got lost there would be an obvious way to contact you.

    Heather Mason
    hdmason2000@usa.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I`m already a facebook fan and I love your reviews!

    heather mason
    hdmason2000@usa.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the whole concept of this idea! This would be great for any trip! jak1116@yahoo.com
    jefri

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Autism: Two lines of customization for my daughter who lives in a residential school. She sometimes get out of the house and they don't even notice. I think this would help the staff in case this happens. I am always afraid they will lose her.

    sibabe64 at ptd dot net

    ReplyDelete