Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas List 2010 - Video Games Live Level 2

Have a hard-to-buy-for gamer in your family?  If they also appreciate music, I have a very unique gift idea for you.  Shout! Factory recently released Video Games Live: Level 2 (Click HERE to see the Video Games Live products from Shout! Factory).


What is Video Games Live: Level 2?  It is a concert that features music from some of the greatest video games performed by the Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra, along with a 34-person chorus, several soloists, and even original vocalists from the games.  Level 2 includes music from games such as: Super Mario Bros., Sonic the Hedgehog, Halo, Guitar Hero, and many, many more. The DVD also contains over 3 hours of bonus material including Composer and Game Designer interviews and Behind-the-Scenes Making of Video Games Live.

I know what a lot of you are probably thinking: bor-ring!  Which is exactly what I thought, but I knew my husband and a few other people that would likely enjoy it.  And I was right.  My husband really enjoyed watching it, and has even had several other people watch it with him.  When he finally brought it back home, I watched it with him, and I was actually impressed.  It wasn't boring!  With all of the special effects, it was very entertaining.  The orchestra was great, but my favorite part was the solo artist (which includes a guy that plays the piano blindfolded).  I know this seems like a crazy gift, but for a gamer (even a "still-plays-Sega Genesis" one like my husband) this could make a great, unique gift this year!  It sells for around $20 which seemspretty reasonable if you ask me.

Check out the Video Games Live website HERE for the trailer and more information.

**I received a copy of Video Games Live: Level 2 in exchange for my review.  No other compensation was given.  See full disclaimer for more information.
blog comments powered by Disqus