Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The American Patriot's Almanac - Book Review


I know you're probably all wondering why I picked this book...after all, it doesn't seem to "fit" with all of the other books I've reviewed (devotionals, kids books, fiction)...and I'll be honest - I didn't pick it for me.  I picked it because I was pretty sure my husband would really like it! 

"The American Patriot's Almanac" by William J. Bennett and John T.E. Cribb is a very interesting book.  It is filled (seriously 546 pages!) with a lot of information about America.  The best part (for me) is that it is set up so that you read short stories every day.  So if you're like me and like history, but can't sit and read it forever, this book is great. It includes many interesting stories and important dates. 

Here are a few of the Chapter titles:
The History of the Stars and Stripes
Flag Etiquette: Guidelines for Displaying and Handling the U.S. Flag
How the Constitution was Written and Ratified
Faith and the Founders
and soo many more!

I was amazed at the amount of information packed into the book.  This book would be great for older homeschoolers and history lovers...and even those who just want to know more about how our country came to be.  It retails for $32.99, but is a beautiful hardcover book suitable for reading and displaying.  I have really enjoyed reading the stories!  So if you ever need a gift for a history (or America) lover, be sure to check this book out!  It would make a great inspirational addition to any collection!

**I received "The American Patriot's Almanac" from Booksneeze in exchange for my review.  See my full disclaimer for more information.  Interested in receiving free books to review?  Be sure to check out Booksneeze.**
blog comments powered by Disqus