Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Captain Planet and the Planeteers: Season One


Captain Planet and the Planeteers: Season One DVD was released by Shout! Factory yesterday.  Do any of you remember watching this as a kid? I know I do!  Actually, when I told my older sister I was reviewing the DVD, she started singing the theme song (I have to admit, I didn't remember the song). 

For those that don't know, the Planeteers work as a team and use their powers (Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, and Heart) to form the hero known as Captain Planet.  Together, they try to prevent crimes against the planet and stop Eco-villains.  The episodes include the voices of well-known actors/actresses such as Whoopi Goldberg, Meg Ryan, Sting and more!  Shout! Factory even used Eco-friendly packaging.  You can buy the DVD set HERE for $23.99 + S&H.

I enjoyed these cartoons.  They aren't the extremely violent cartoons that I've noticed lately, and they actually help teach kids that the Earth is important and we should do our part to help protect it.  Now, I'm not one to do things just because it's going to save the environment, but I think we shoulg be teaching our kids that we should do what we can.  I would definitely be more willing to let my children watch these cartoons over many of the "super hero" shows on t.v.



**I received Captain Planet and the Planeteers: Season One in exchange for my personal review.**
blog comments powered by Disqus