Wednesday, June 8, 2011

God Gave Us Two


I recently received "God Gave Us Two" by Lisa Tawn Bergren from Waterbrook Multnomah's Blogging for Books program.  If you like to read and write reviews, you should check out their program (Blogging for Books).

I love all of the "God Gave Us" books.  They are simple, but very sweet books for children.  The illustrations are beautiful.  My 2 year old likes to read them with me as well!  If you remember, I did a review for God Gave Us So Much (see review HERE) not too long ago!

"God Gave Us Two" is about Mama  and Papa polar bear having another baby.  Little Cub is very curious about it, and asks a lot of questions like, "Will you forget me when the new baby comes?"  Mama and Papa reassure Little Cub that they will love her AND the new baby and explain that they are gifts from God.  Little Cub asks for a sister, but Papa tells her that she doesn't get to pick.  They get a nice surprise at the end - a brother and a sister!

I thought this was a great book for siblings.  It came at a perfect time for us - right before L.B. was born!  I think Sydney enjoyed reading about getting a new baby.  The only problem is that you might have to explain why you don't always get twins (and they aren't always a boy and a girl) haha.  I guess that is where you have to explain that you can't pick!  I'm very glad that we had this book for Sydney, and I plan to share it with other siblings that need help understanding a new baby!

You can get a slightly imperfect copy of this book for $4.99 HERE.  That is 50% off!
blog comments powered by Disqus