Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dandelion Tableware

I recently received a set of Dandelion Tableware to try out, and I have to say I was very interested in trying it!  Just so you know, Dandelion makes more than tableware - they make Earth-friendly products for kids - including plush toys, teethers, and clothes!  You can see all of their products HERE.

Now, back to the tableware!  The tableware is BPA free, Phthalate Free, PVC Free, and made from corn!  "Unlike conventional plastic, which is largely made from petroleum, our bioplastic is primarily made from corn! Polylactic acid (PLA) requires significantly less fossil resources, and generates far fewer green house gases than conventional plastic. And corn is a renewable and sustainable resource (from the Dandelion website)." I love that they offer divided plates!  My daughter doesn't seem to mind her foods touching, but I do haha so I love these!  The spoons have a much deeper scoop than most which makes it easier for my daughter to keep foods on them!  Sydney has mastered stabbing foods with a fork, so she doesn't use the Dandelion ones often (they are more for learning).  These are great quality products, and I'm sure we will be using them for years to come! 

The only downfall is that they aren't dishwasher safe, but knowing they are completely safe makes up for that!





blog comments powered by Disqus