Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A little about me!

I have really blogged much about me, so I thought I'd take a moment (or two..) to do that!  I am a breastfeeding, cloth-diapering, baby wearing, soon-to-be homeschooling mom of 2 beautiful girls ages 2 years and 5 weeks.  Don't worry - I'm not a mom that will try to pressure you into doing things my way..though I am always willing to answer any questions and help as much as I can. 

With my first daughter, Sydney, I decided to breastfeed because it was the cheapest / healthiest way to go...and it helps moms lose weight faster!  My older sister and my mom both did it, so I had a good support system ready to go!  I asked for a sling for Christmas before my daughter was born - Brooke Burke made the Peanut Shell look so easy!  I have loved it - with both daughters!  I currently own 5 different slings, and I share them with other moms that are interested in baby wearing. 

I love to shop with my mom - using my coupons, of course.  I have gotten a lot of great deals that way!  We canceled our cable because I didn't like most of the things that were available to watch...and I didn't want my kids bombarded with commercials.  We have a Netflix account now, so my kids can watch only what I select (and no commercials) through our Wii.  I would definitely suggest this for anyone trying to save money and limit what their kids watch.  Sydney loves to watch Leapfrog and The Land Before Time movies!

I started cloth diapering when Sydney was around 1 year.  I decided to try it mostly because of the money it saved.  I had a friend that gave me a few diapers to try out, along with some helpful information on how to wash them, etc.  It really wasn't as bad as I thought it might be!  Since then, I have built my diaper stash by buying new diapers on clearance and buying used /new diapers from other moms, and also by doing reviews.  I am proud to say I have never paid full price for a cloth diaper!  Yes, I am cheap!  I will do a more detailed post on cloth diapers later, so feel free to let me know any questions you would like answered!

I am planning to start Sydney's homeschooling this fall.  She will be 2 1/2 and we will start working on simple tasks like using safety scissors, coloring in the lines, and other fun things.  She loves to write, so I plan to start helping her write letters as well.  We will not have "structured" classes or anything - just fun mother/daughter learning time during some of L.B.'s naps! 

I do a variety of reviews on my blog - related to parents and children.  Many of my reviews are for books because I LOVE to read (my reading time has shrunk since L.B. was born though).  I especially like to work with WAHMs.  I love helping other moms reach their goals and build their businesses.  If you are a WAHM, feel free to message me about a review or giveaway or advertising, etc.

I guess that is a pretty good start to getting to know me!  Feel free to ask me any questions that you would like.  I will try to answer them as quickly and as best as I can.
blog comments powered by Disqus