Thursday, February 21, 2013

Jesus Pure & Simple


I recently received "Jesus Pure & Simple" by Wayne Cordeiro from Bethany House Publishing.  While I received the book free, the opinions below are my own. 

Summary from CBD.com:
“Pastoral help for Christ-followers who want to live a life of significance! Offering encouragement, stories, and practical guidelines for God-centered living, Cordeiro helps believers focus directly on drawing near to Jesus. A welcome message for Christians looking for simplicity and peace in their anxious, over-scheduled lives.”

My Review:
When I received “Jesus Pure & Simple” I was really excited to read it! The back of the book asks, “Do you ever feel like you’re being pulled in a million directions?” Why yes, many times I do! I’m sure many people feel that same way these days! There are so many good things to be a part of now that it is hard to know when to say no.  I am learning that there are many projects and ministries that are good, but just aren't for me right now. And that is ok! 

Back to the book…I started reading it, and was frustrated within a few pages. The author has many good stories and illustrations, but he jumps back and forth constantly.  I kept reading hoping maybe it was just the first chapter, but it wasn’t.  It just didn’t flow easily from subject to subject.  The stories were great and encouraging, but I like books to flow.  I was a bit disappointed that I didn’t love this book since I had such high hopes.  If you like to read short encouraging stories, you might enjoy this book; otherwise, you might want to keep looking for a different ‘simple’ book.




blog comments powered by Disqus